• Ensuring that the company’s accounting system is up to date and accurate on an ongoing basis. This will involve entering financial transactions into the system as well as supervising the work of junior colleagues.
• Evaluating accounting options/treatments and making recommendations.
• Ensuring that financial statements are prepared in a timely manner.
• Liaising with external and internal auditors, as required, to ensure that audits are completed within the relevant regulatory and/or internal deadlines.
• Assisting with matters relating to taxation, including calculating the company’s taxation obligations and preparing taxation returns.
• Training and developing junior colleagues.
• Providing and analyzing data for management reporting purposes.
• Assisting with the preparation of company’s monthly payroll.
• Validating financial transactions by verifying supporting documents.
• Assisting with matters relating to payments including liaising with vendors, reconciling invoices received against services rendered and processing payments.
• Preparing bank reconciliations.
• Managing petty cash transactions and maintaining records associated with the same.
• Developing policies and procedures for the Finance Function.
• Assisting with commission processing activities.
• Assisting with paper-based and electronic filing requirements of the Finance Function.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Insurance; Financial Services|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Source: Bayt Dubai Jobs