• This person will be responsible for the administration of the accounting function, primarily with accounts payable and accounts receivable. They will have accountability and custody of the company’s accounting data and records and will assist largely with vouching, verification, accounting and maintenance of related records.
• The incumbent must possess a proven track record for timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
• The individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes.
• Understand the Middle East and the legal requirements of working in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Smiths Code of Corporate Responsibility and Business Ethics is upheld in all activities.
• Maintaining books of accounts, ensuring that accounting transactions are recorded in line with International Accounting Standards (IAS). Due attention will be paid to Smiths Groups accounting policies and procedures while processing accounting transactions for the entity.
• Purchase Order creation
• Routine check of supplier invoices to verify accuracy and compare the same with approved purchase orders to be entered into the accounting system.
• Review of employee expenses against policy
• Preparation of payment to suppliers, ensuring accuracy and obtaining appropriate approvals.
• Credit card and travel account review and reconciliation
• Preparation of payables month end journals and accruals
• Sending invoices to customers on timely manner,
• Recording customer payments and reconcile the customers ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted,
• Preparing the AR monthly ageing reports,
• Preparing the AR monthly provision reports and record the required entries, including prepayments
• Sending SOAs to customers on monthly basis,
• Assist in preparing monthly cash forecast report,
• Follow up with customers for payments and assisting to resolve outstanding AR balances issues
• Will be the custodian of the petty cash system and will maintain all necessary vouchers to support all reasonable expenses.
• Inter-company transactions and inter-company recharges
• Oversee the trade finance function
• Support the Finance Team in recording transactions on a day to day level paying attention to detail while recording these transactions.
• Support for the Finance Manager in providing monthly reports to support analysis for various balances.
• All of the above to be maintained on a SAP ERP environment.
• Any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager to this role from time to time and not covered above.
• Continuous improvement of the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organisations mission
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|
Source: Bayt Dubai JobsRegister to Apply Bayt jobs