Our client, a well-known firm is currently looking for an Audit Consultant who will handle audit activities for financial and non-financial operations. The successful candidate will have an active participation in all investment transactions, conducting final due diligence, governance process, risk and compliance as well as internal controls.
• Audits investment transactions, fund transfers and settlement instructions
• Audits investment deals closing packs demonstrating sufficient knowledge related to the processes and associated risks.
• Perform quality assurance checks on Internal Audit engagements to ensure that the audit methodology is applied, audit time – frame adhered to and appropriate documentation is in place.
• Prepare audit program for the areas under audit during the planning stage.
• Participate in all investment transactions
• Conduct final due diligence, governance process, risk and compliance and internal controls
• Provides input and advice on relevant IT systems development, enhancements and upgrades demonstrating sufficient knowledge of testing of systems for controls and workflow processes.
• Performs risk-based continuous monitoring, review and appraisal of internal control systems and identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Lead high-level communications with senior management to present the audit teams observation and agree on final action plans.
• Participate in the preparation of the risk based annual audit plan.
• Drafts findings as per the report writing methodology; agrees and negotiates routine findings with auditees; identifies ways to add value; demonstrates ability to listen and effectively translate what was heard into complex written ideas.
• Maintains Audit Policies and Procedures Manual and assists in drafting and maintenance of Service Level Agreements.
• Assists in maintaining and developing KPI and management reporting metrics.
• Performs ad-hoc assignments and duties, as and when determined by management
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of technical aspects of accounting concepts and standards and systems used
• Contributes to risk assessment process; independently identifies and measures risks and assesses controls for processes under audit.
• Plans audit entity approach, writes audit programs. Recommends improvements to audit approach.
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of sampling techniques and their application; applies during all tests and documents rationale.
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of fraud risk review process, fraud scenarios and the rating methodology, types of fraud, why fraud occur, fraud red flags.
• Liaise with the internal audit department and ensure that all audit observations for all audited departments are rectified correctly and according to due dates set by Management. Assist Management in testing their controls and ensure that control deficiencies reported in the audit observations are rectified and are operating effectively
• Periodically review the investment process and prepare report to the board.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Source: Bayt Dubai JobsRegister to Apply Bayt jobs