Our client, a well-known entity is currently looking for an Audit, Risk and Fraud Specialist who will handle audit and risk assessments.
• Audits investment transactions, fund transfers and settlement instructions in accordance with established policies and procedures demonstrating adequate knowledge regarding settlement and instruction types, market and custodian practices, legal issues, settlement risks, SSIs and transitions; demonstrates awareness of best practices in settlement related matters.
• Audits investment deal closing packs demonstrating sufficient knowledge related to the processes and associated risks.
• Investigates and concludes exceptions identified through automated continuous control monitoring (CCM).
• Provides input and advice on relevant IT systems development, enhancements and upgrades demonstrating sufficient knowledge of testing of systems for controls and workflow processes.
• Conducts review of economy, efficiency and effectiveness of transaction processing.
• Performs risk-based continuous monitoring, review and appraisal of internal control systems and identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Provides advisory services to relevant stakeholders on various matters relevant to ITAS scope.
• Drafts findings as per the report writing methodology; agrees and negotiates routine findings with auditees; identifies ways to add value; demonstrates ability to listen and effectively translate what was heard into complex written ideas.
• Maintains Audit Policies and Procedures Manual and assists in drafting and maintenance of Service Level Agreements.
• Assists in motivating, training, developing new hires including UAE nationals and existing staff to achieve a common goal and commitment to excellence.
• Assists in maintaining and developing KPI and management reporting metrics.
• Performs ad-hoc assignments and duties, as and when determined by management
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of technical aspects of accounting concepts and standards and systems used
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge regarding SWIFT message types and general SWIFT know-how
• Demonstrates detailed understanding of SimCorp, E-Front, FinanceKit, MTM, JPM Access, Bloomberg, ACL; demonstrates intermediate skill in Microsoft Office tools
• Demonstrates appropriate use and interpretation of IPPF, adheres to audit methodology and makes suggestions for improvements, carries out an IQA
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of company’s asset classes and industry specific knowledge appropriate to the ITAS work.
• As applicable: Understands Support Function practices, processes and controls and stays current on latest global trends in the field
• Contributes to risk assessment process; independently identifies and measures risks and assesses controls for processes under audit.
• Plans audit entity approach, writes audit programs. Recommends improvements to audit approach.
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of sampling techniques and their application; applies during all tests and documents rationale.
• Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of fraud risk review process, fraud scenarios and the rating methodology, types of fraud, why fraud occur, fraud red flags.
• Maintains an open-minded approach and curiosity to analyze and dissect a process, problem or data.
• Subjects assertions from auditees to robust challenge and compares to alternative sources of evidence.
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Source: Bayt Dubai JobsRegister to Apply Bayt jobs