A Key Account Manager (KAM) is primarily responsible to partner with his/her Customer(s) to develop business solutions that will drive Profitable Growth for MSD through “best in class” Customer Satisfaction leveraging our entire portfolio of products, services and solutions.
Structured KAMs will be implementing Customer business plans for Key Accounts1 building sustainable relationships and integrating customer insights so that they can lead the development of solutions, value propositions and strategies addressing previously unmet and/or evolving needs. The SKAM is the primary point of contact for the Customer.
A KAM understands the customers and stakeholders who determine whether a brand is listed or purchased, the purchasing process within the account, and the Brand Priorities so that they can support brand Profitable Access in these accounts.
The goal of the partnership is to create value for MSD and for the Key Customers.
iThe KAM has to partner with interdisciplinary teams to implement and to maximize the business agreement with the account, ensuring One MSD voice to the Customer.
Market and Customer Understanding and Analysis (20% of time*)
• Identifying emerging or accelerating market Trends and relevant Insights to drive growth opportunities with Key Customers.
• Understanding the mission and vision of the Customer; its key interests, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats; and creating value propositions accordingly.
• Developing an in-depth understanding of the Key Account’s unmet and evolving needs and deducting Implications integrating full MSD portfolio.
• Completing a competitor analysis for the Customer.
• Gathering descriptive information about individual key accounts as the basis for Account Profile development. The profile can be developed utilizing internal sources (e.g. internal cross-functional customer-facing team members and external databases) and through discussions with iiKey Accounts.
• Understanding the decision-making, logistical, Tendering and Contracting processes within the Account.
• Identifying Key Account Stakeholders and understanding their perspectives on MSD , our competitors and the healthcare environment as well as their needs related to improving patient outcomes to create a competitive advantage.
Account & Commercial Plan Development (20% of time*)
• Capturing short and long-term business opportunities based on in depth Market and Customer understanding.
• Translating the business priorities into time-framed action plan e.g. Inclusions, LOE plans, New Launches.
• Defining, presenting and validating Account objectives and KPIs with relevant business stakeholders.
• Developing a Customer Plan that contains a thorough understanding of the Customer(s)’ goals and needs as well as considers competitive hazards and business threats.
• Defining a tailored MSD value proposition linked to Customer needs using a cross-franchise approach.
• Defining collaborative opportunities to address unmet and/or evolving needs.
• Determining how to develop and implement comprehensive strategic offerings by leveraging cross-functional internal resources.
• Obtaining a thorough understanding of MSD’s negotiation position relative to each product in the portfolio as the basis for business case and value argument development
• Implementing effective, purposeful and concise communications linked to the MSD value proposition for the Key Account based on shared interests to drive Customers’ engagement integrating value based offers for the whole MSD portfolio.
Account Plan & Commercial strategy Implementation and Tracking (40% of time*)
• Serving as primary MSD interface for all products and services to the business-end of the Key Account – coordinating the efforts of all other functions/divisions towards the account.
• Driving financial efficiencies through gross to net (G2N) optimization strategies.
• Conducting full product portfolio and value-based negotiation aiming at developing business collaboration. Identifies value differentiators linked to MSD’s products and services
• Working with key decision makers to align around mutually beneficial business opportunities
• using relevant resources across MSD to support collaboration goals
• Managing the budget for efficient solutions and services development. Negotiates contracts.
• Monitoring metrics and KPIs(Inventory , Consumption , Expiries..etc) according to the tracking plan and re-shaping account strategy and operational activities based on learnings.
Sales Management (20% of time*)
• Sales Orders collection and fulfillment.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Source: Bayt Dubai JobsRegister to Apply Bayt jobs