Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
We are looking for an objective internal auditor for AGTL to be based in Karachi, Pakistan, to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
He will assist the Audit Manager in developing and executing the audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal audits.
He will contribute to the Internal Audit function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Your key responsibilities will be but not be limited to:
• Participate in opening meetings with audit client to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to client and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
• Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
• Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology.
• Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and Group Internal Audit methodology.
• Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
• Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
• Organize and reference work papers for review by Audit Manager in the Audit Management System.
• Participate in closing meetings with audit client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues reporting.
• Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
• Assists the Audit Manager in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
• Contributes to the safeguarding of corporate assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
• Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board.
• Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud.
• Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Audit Committee meeting.
• Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline.
• Establish risk-based audit programs.
• Determine scope of review in conjunction with the Audit Manager.
• Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk.
• Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
• Assisting the Audit Manager while communicating findings verbally to senior management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audit area.
• Review the suitability of internal control design.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
• Identify gaps and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
|Job Location:||Karachi, Pakistan|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Source: Pakistan Bayt jobsRegister to Apply Bayt jobs