Young Parliamentary Associates (YPA) Programme
Young Parliamentary Associates (YPA) Programme (2015-2016)
The YPA programme is a prestigious associateship for exceptional candidates to work with the National Assembly and Senate. Assigned to various branches and committees of the Parliament, theYPAs will conduct research and data analysis, draft reports and briefing notes, and assist in organising committee meetings and public hearings. The YPA programme is highly competitive and is intended to serve the policy and research needs of the highest legislative organs of the state.
The programme will be an invaluable work experience for selected candidates. YPA’s will be paid up to Rs. 40,000 per month; candidates joining the programme from outside of Islamabad/Rawalpindi will be paid an additional stipend to contribute to living costs. Associates will be recruited for a period of 12 months. Candidates selected for the YPA Programme will commence their associateship on 16February 2015. The position is based in Islamabad.
Job Location: Islamabad
IP3 is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
- Have completed a Master’s degree/16 years of education from an institution recognised by the HEC with a minimum GPA score of 3 out of 4; or 3.75 out of 5; or 75% aggregate;
- For MBA/MS (Finance) and Computer Engineering minimum GPA score of 3.5 out of 4 is required
- Have completed a degree in: Law, Political Science, International Relations, Defense & Strategic Studies, Sociology, History, English, Economics, Development Studies, Public Administration, Computer Engineering; MBA/MS (Finance).
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Urdu.
- Can demonstrate excellent research skills;
- Are computer literate.
Practicing law graduates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants from low income groups, and those residing in remote areas are also strongly encouraged to apply.
CVs sent electronically will not be considered, all applications should be directed to the National Testing Service (NTS). Last date for submission of applications is Monday 22nd December 2014.
- 16 years education.
- Specified fields of study mentioned in registration form.
- Minimum GPA score of 3 out of 4, or 3.75 out of 5, or 75% aggregate in the following subjects: Law, Political Science, International Relations, Defense & Strategic Studies, Sociology, History, English, Economics, Development Studies, Public Administration.
- Minimum GPA score of 3.5 out of 4 in the following subjects: MBA/MS (Finance); Computer Engineering.
|An essay type question (500 -700 words length) on Pakistan current affairs/Pakistan’s parliament/democracy||30%|
|MCQs on current affairs||20%|
|To Register Online :|
|Last Date for Submission of Applications :||Monday, 22nd December, 2014|
|Test Date :||Sunday, 11th January 2015|