Young Professional Officer required at United Nations in Islamabad
Description: Working under the supervision of the Assistant Country Director /Chief, Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit (CPRU), the Young Professional Officer will provide core professional assistance and support to the Unit Chief and Programme Officers.
More specifically, the responsibilities include:
• Assist Unit Chief and Programme Officers in connection with project implementation to achieve set targets.
• Provision of specific inputs and support in administering and managing the facilitation of projects being managed by the Unit, largely involving extensive coordination with diverse partners;
• Actively liaise with, and foster collaboration with, multilateral and bilateral donor agencies with a view to exploring opportunities for mobilizing co- financing support
• Provide regular assistance to Unit colleagues in preparation of cost sharing agreements and new project formulations in order to achieve resource mobilization targets.
• Assist the Supervisor in identification and development of new project proposals; participate actively in the project formulation process by devising components of the project documents.
• Provide technical support to the Unit Chief, Programme Officers and Project Counterparts in preparation/processing of project documents.
• Support the Unit in the successful management and monitoring of programmes being implemented by UNDP in disaster prone areas.
• Timely management of assigned projects with the coordination of relevant Programme Officers to ensure compliance with the Project Cycle Operations Manual (PCOM) guidelines.
• Draft routine letters, prepare powerpoint presentations, provide inputs to Unit work plan and respond to e-mail communications on a daily basis.
• Seeks, shares and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
• Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported
• Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust
• Leadership and self-management
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
• Excellent command on written and spoken English is essential.
Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Creating synergies through self-control
Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Informed and transparent decision making
“Recommended/Alternate candidates resulting from the
selection process will also be kept on our Roster for the timeframe of one year”.
Click here To Apply